Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Swimming to Shore

Thanks, Andy, for getting me started. It is yet another example of your leadership and courage as the President and Chief Executive Officer of The Herbertians.

I have done a little research on this business of blogging, and confess it perplexes me a bit. But I found a definition that attracts me: a personal chronological log of thoughts published on a Web page. Oooh...blogging is right up my alley. I have many thoughts, and while sometimes not linear, they are most certainly are chronological.

So here's one of my thoughts for the day: will Chip and I actually jump off the barge at Alcatraz on June 28 and swim 1-1/2 miles to shore?

In celebration of our 7th wedding anniversary, we're participating in the 16th Annual Alcatraz Sharkfest Swim, which honors the "swim the Anglin Brothers and Frank Lee Morris successfully attempted in their escape from Alcatraz on the night of June 12, 1962. Who knows where they are now? Who cares?!!". Herberts around the world can check it out at http://www.envirosports.com/events/event.php?eventid=2190

Today as I look out over the farmlands of southwestern Pennsylvania, sipping my coffee with our dog at my feet, I'm thinking: YIKES.

1 comment:

Andy and Jenni said...

Sweet post, D. You included a photo, a link, and good thoughts... Impressive! Let's hope your swimming skills are equally as impressive. We'll need a photo of you and Chip at the swim (with or without sharks)to hang up at the HIT Center :)

PS, I edited Andy's post (of your photo info) to indicate that JT is the farthest right.