Friday, May 23, 2008

MASTER...of the universe!

HOLA!!!!
hope everyone is awesome-town!














I have WHOLEHEARTEDLY rejected social network sites but this bad boy is something I can hang with. Heeeeeeeey Cuz(s) (Aunts/Uncles/Amigos!)

So, Monday afternoon I defended my thesis. Im proud to tell you all that I now have my Master's in Spanish. Que bien!! In three short weeks Im off to NYC to begin my training as a Teaching Fellow. Im in the process of finding a summer place...I heart Craigslist.

In other news. I'm a dad.

Host dad. My roommates and I have adopted a charming Saudi Arabian boy. His name is Abet, he's 25, and he is in the states to learn English. We are giving him a room, making three meals a day and showing him around. So far, my roommate Brandon and I have quite disagreed on the peanut butter to grape jelly ratio for Abet's lunchtime sandwhiches. :::Sigh::: parenthood.

Love you All!!

Oh...the photo. My roomies and I hosted "Millenium Prom" at our place. It was our last hoorah before graduation. The plaid tuxedo I am wearing (hard to see in the pic) is a Herbert family heirloom. No joke!

Besos y Abrazos!

3 comments:

Andy and Jenni said...

Judd, I'm so glad the family blog is worthy of your time (therefore, making us, your family, worthy of your time). Thanks for posting... the Amet story is funny. Welcome to parenthood! And good luck in NYC, fellow teacher!

Andy and Jenni said...

Gringo,
I almost plotzed when I got to your exciting news. Then I scrolled down a line. Congrats. I didn't know you could adopt Saudi Arabian men! You realize of course that you just landed yourself on a terrorist watch list though! Oops... I said terrorist! NOW I AM ON THEIR LIST!
Dammit!

@ndy posting as Jenni but not Jenni

Libby said...

I still think it's awesome that I'm going to have family teaching in this circus of a school system. Let me know when you get up here/figure out where you're going to be working. I think we may still need another Spanish teacher. :)