Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Picture at the Top

This will be Diana's first official post (with help from Andy) until she figures out how to blog... blog, lets think about that word... as an aside: I love it when nouns are turned into verbs in the English language... I am going to try out some new ones... how about this one.... "I am going to finish couching here before I car my way over to the bar to beer it up a little." Works pretty well! Try it with your neighbors and friends. I bet you'll get some strange looks followed by sudden understanding. Anyway, copied below is Diana's email explaining the photo we attached at the top of the blog. Thanks for your help Diana!

By the way, Diana (and Rod, Pat, Rob, Steve, Scott, our newest member Andrew, and everyone else to whom this applies), I will be creating a sub-section of this blog that will be password protected for only those indoctrinated into the Herbertian group. This is where those of us who married into this wild Welsh family can spout about all the strange things and odd commonalities peculiar to the Herbert Clan. Diana, we should try to recreate the initial list of things we came up with in Wales...

Okay, so none of the above was Diana's first official post yet... sorry Diana. So far, it's all been my post, so below will be Diana's first blog entry.

Andy B.

Attached is a picture of the sons of Thomas and Elizabeth (Davies), who are also grandsons of John and Jane (Jones) Herbert. John T. Herbert (in the picture, far right) is your great-grandfather, and the father of our Thomas the
Governor.

Most of the Herberts we know, including the Gills, Millns, Stevers, Morrows, Grangers et al, are descended from the John T. Herbert in this picture. The other folks with whom I've corresponded, like Jenni in Wales and Jim in Texas, are descended from cousins of John T.

And I'm still trying to figure out what a blog is, even though, in true Ukrainian style, I jumped on the bandwagon and am participating enthusiastically.

3 comments:

rht said...

After eyeing this Herbertian entry I had to computer right back. What teamwork! Let's all keep funning...

Kate said...

Diana... If this picture were widespread it would definitely bring the moustache back into full-on style just like Judd is bringing back the plaid tuxedo. But which one is JT??? I'm hoping he's the sassy one with the popped collar. Whatever, they're all clearly hot and brilliant.

ps. Bub, I love you. And I'm glad all of you honorary Herbertians were crazy enough to marry in....

Diana said...

Kate...John T. is the guy farthest right. And I'm with you, they are very cool looking characters all around.