Saturday, May 24, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend 2008

Thank you, Jenni, for creating a Herbert blog! I love that all the cousins are keeping in touch -- so many stories and accomplishments to share. Thought I'd follow Judd's tuxedo tease... it's true... brother John and I spent a day in January unearthing old uniforms and other treasures... including a book of Byron's Poems that was presented to J.T. Herbert in 1886 by his students, one of Kathy Granger's girl scout notebooks, the plaid tuxedo -- which John claims to have worn back in the 60's -- and more.

Chip, Diana, Jeannie & Walt are celebrating this weekend together in Pittsburgh -- Rod and I are catching up on the homefront, and sending best wishes out to all the Herbert 2008 graduates -- and to Matt as he completes basic training in the U.S. Army. Our love to all... rht

(Now let's see if I can actually post my first ever blog!)

1 comment:

Andy and Jenni said...

Good job, Mom! You are the first "old-ish" person to post. You win!