Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Year is half over!


Sup folks? I hope the summer heat isn't keeping you down.

First off, a matter about this word, blog. As you can see at wiki (one of my favorite website, btw), it's merely a combination of the words "web" and "log"...a weblog...or as with the evolution of so many words, shortened to blog.

So, on to bigger and better things. I managed to finish Seafair marathon yesterday in a respectable manner, though not quite the result I was hoping for. I ended up with a 3:31 after I cramped at about mile 21, and had to slow down a lot. Fortunately, I am actually recovering fairly well so far. Good thing too, since I've decided to run Portland at the beginning of October, so the quicker I can get back on the road the better.

In other news, as long as I can't run for a few days, I ended up buying the video game Rockband...and I have successfully wasted a solid 6 hours of my life since Sunday night. If anybody wants to play online (PS3) my username is Grinch17...I'll play whatever instrument you don't want too, but I won't sing. I hate to brag, but I'm pretty good...kind of a big deal.

So, that's pretty much it. I'm headed back on the road tomorrow for a 10-day trip, which really blows since I'll miss the 4th, a really sweet Foo Fighters concert that I've been waiting to see since March, and most importantly a really good friend's wedding (and bachelor party of course) that's here in town. But, at least I get to see my parents and Becca (plus the rest of the Granger clan) at the end of the month in Michigan.

And, since I don't have a very good camera and haven't taken any pics since the last post, here's a pretty cool pic of two C-17s in Kuwait.

Oh, and Kathmandu sounds aiight.

1 comment:

Andy and Jenni said...

Aaron, thanks for keeping the blog updated - what's with your siblings' lack of involvement?
There should be no such thing as a "disapponting" result in a marathon - you finsihed, right? That's big. Most of us can't run a mile. (Well, maybe I shouldn't say "most", maybe there are lots more runners in our family than I'm aware of? If so, they ought to be posting on the blog, and then I'd know. Until then, you're the best Herbert marathoner!)

Michigan is really close to Ohio... the Grangers should all come to Columbus at the end of the month.