Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Midshipman Maggie

I totally lifted this photo from Katie Herbert's Facebook page -

it's of John David, Maggie and Abby. I told Katie she should post it (she showed it to me on her phone), but I'm not sure she has internet access right now... So I decided I would! Katie stopped by Mom's house the other evening when Celia and I happened to be over for dinner (Andy's off fishing in Canada), and we all visted in the backyard - I think Mom has photos of Katie and Celia and me to post later... Anyway, Katie shared Maggie's address in Annapolis, and said that Maggie's on crutches after having been twisted in ropes and gotten her legs bruised. And, Katie said Maggie might be a little homesick; she's been at the Naval Academy since early July, and was allowed to make her first phone call this past weekend. I just sent her a quick note today, and I'm sure any of her siblings will share her address with you, if you'd like to write to her. I think Katie was going to make and send Rice Krispie treats; what a sweet big sister!

2 comments:

rht said...

I love this picture! Thanks for stealing and sharing it with us. I'll post a couple of pix when Rod and I get home from Boston...

Katie said...

I had completely forgotten I added those to facebook. My mom took my digital camera to Maryland when they went to drop her off. I quickly posted them there so John and Abby could have access to them. Thanks for posting it.