Thursday, June 26, 2008

Work - it's a job joy

Today my "job" felt a lot more like joy than work! Well, I ought to back up and say that most days, "work" taking care of Celia is full of joy, and I count my blessings to be home with her. But, today I did my first real, big-market voiceover gig!
I've been with a talent agency here in Columbus since shortly after Celia was born, and I've auditioned for spots through them, and I've sent my voiceover demo all over town. Lately I've had a couple of auditions a week (fortunately, the studio is just a couple blocks from home) and I've learned a lot in the process. Apparently The Columbus Dispatch thought my voice matched their message, so I recorded 5 scripts for radio and TV for the Dispatch today.... It may not be quite as cool as Uncle Danny's role in The Muppets take Manhatten, or as Josh and Will's work in CA, but I am pretty excited!
When the producer e-mails me the MP3 files of the spots, I'll try to link one of them to the blog :)

How's work going for you? Or, if you're on summer break, what have you been up to?

No comments: