Sunday, September 21, 2008

Summer Days in Seattle

Hey all, it's been awhile since I (or anyone for that matter) have posted. My apologies, but I'm back! What are the rest of your excuses??

My mom and dad visited me up here in Seattle this weekend and we had a great time. We visited one of my favorite Indian restaurants on Friday night after they arrived and made it an early night since we had a big day of sight-seeing to do the next day.

On Saturday we started with a lovely breakfast at Portage Bay Cafe I drove them down to base (McChord AFB) and gave them a tour of my squadron and a C-17. Then we cruised back up north for a little football party my friends were having, where my parents finally got to meet some of the amazing people I hang out with, and my friends finally got a little peek at how I turned out the way I did...everyone had a fun time as usual, with lots of beer, bourbon, and champagne flowing, despite Air Force losing a close match to Utah. We finished the day at a really great restaurant in West Seattle called Salty's, and the timing couldn't have been more perfect as we ended up with a table right on the water with an incredible view of downtown. All-in-all, an awesome day.

Sunday was great as well, starting out with a walk through Seattle University before breakfast, followed by a bus ride over to Pike's Place Market. It was fun to watch the fish guys to their thing and browse the enormous supply of flowers, fresh produce, and various other wares. Afterward, I gave them a short driving tour of Lake Washington and several Seattle neighborhoods before we toured Stone Gardens, my rock-climbing gym, and the Lake Washington Ship Canal, which had actual Salmon in the fish ladder! Soooo cool. We finished off the weekend with a nice lunch at Norms, a super-cool bar/grill that lets you bring your dog INSIDE!

Anyway, tt was sad to see them go, but wonderful to finally show them Seattle all the same. So, if any of you are ever around, I'll make sure we have some fun up here too. And, yes, we DID get some pics, but they're all on my Mom's camera, so maybe she'll make a post and put some of them up. Take care everyone!

Aaron

No comments: