Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dispatches from an Air Mattress in Jersey

Hey fam!!

Judson here.
How in the world did I end up in Jersey, you ask? Here's the scoop:

So I graduated in May from BGSU with plans to move to NYC and participate in the teaching fellows program. I got to Brooklyn, where I had arranged to sublet for the summer, and kind of realized that I REALLY wasn't ready to go back to school. (The program was half teaching...half being taught). SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, relying on my 10 years of foodservice skills I landed a serving job at Gramercy Tavern at Park and 20th in Manhattan. Lovely area, great place to work. www.gramercytavern.com

So, my sublet in Brooklyn ended and I moved across the Hudson to Jersey where I cohabitate with three lovely young singles like myself. Thanks Craigslist!!!

When not working I am exploring the city and catching up with some friends from college who have found themselves here too. AWESOME. I even made it to the beach for Labor Day!

Hope all is well for everybody!
Cant wait to get visitors....but let me get some furniture first!

MUCH LOVE
Besos y Abrazos,
Judson "Whoops, I changed my mind at the last minute" Morrow

1 comment:

Andy and Jenni said...

Judd, you are hilarious. I check this Herbert blog about once a week, and am so disappointed when people aren't posting. Reading what you've been up to brightened my day (did I mention you're hilarious?) Glad you're happy - not surprised that your plans changed (although there certainly are some kids missing out on an awesome instructor!) - not surprised that you're happy in Jersey either, for that matter... I admire your sense of adventure :)
Will you be home at all over Thanksgiving? Kate's coming home through like all of the Nov. 20s. Keep us updated!